General Tee-Time Information
All golf clubs in Ireland welcome visitors. Visitor policy varies widely in both availability and in booking conditions. Most clubs are member owned and cater to these members. A few clubs (e.g. Druids Glen, Doonbeg etc.) are business ventures and are more focussed on accommodating visitors.
- Tee-times at some clubs are restricted in availability due to member demand
- High demand for available tee-times at some courses requires very early booking
The time-sheet at Ballybunion Old is the most requested and consequently most problematic unless bookings are requested well in advance. Other courses for which early bookings are highly recommended include: Waterville, Tralee, Lahinch, Portmarnock, Royal County Down and Royal Portrush.
- Most clubs take requests for tee-times before the timesheets open for the following year and process these requests in the order received. Opening dates for timesheets vary from club to club
- Golf holidays and trips to Ireland should be booked well in advance.
- For itineraries that include Ballybunion Old it is recommended that bookings be made before November 1st of the preceeding year.
- For the other popular courses listed above tee-time availability becomes problematic towards the end of February
As members clubs, timesheet policies and green fee rates are normally set at the clubs Annual General Meeting. These are normally held in November/December of each year.
Weekends are the most popular golf times with local members and Irish golf societies. Members play usually restricts timesheet availability on Sunday (especially in the morning) and society play usually restricts Saturday play (especially in the morning). During the summer months club competitions can often result in closure for the entire weekend, though it is rare that another course in the same are would not be available.
Major amateur and professional tournaments can close courses for a period of weeks. See our calendar of tournaments for closure information.
Ballybunion Tee-Time Information | When to Golf in Ireland | Information Page Index